2021 Graduation Celebration
Thank you for joining us Wednesday, June 9 at 7 p.m.
Congratulations, SAMI High School Class of 2021!
View, download, and share a full gallery of images on Facebook.
Important In-person Event Information
We ask that families carpool to the event to ensure there’s enough space for everyone in the parking lot. Attendants will direct traffic.
Admission and seating:
You may arrive up to 45 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
Entrance is by ticket only. Each student will receive six tickets to distribute to their guests. Guests must sit together in a group separated from other groups by six feet. Each group will get a seating placement noted on their tickets.
ADA-accessible seating will be available. People with disabilities will be able to sit with the group their graduate invited.
All graduates will enter through a designated entrance at the Blue Gate.
Graduation will be outside, rain or shine. Please dress accordingly. [Updated 6/10/2021] Umbrellas will be permitted.
Everyone attending the ceremony must wear a mask.
High-heeled shoes, food and drinks other than water are not allowed in the stadium. TPS will provide bottled water at each seat.
After the ceremony, graduates will exit the stadium first. Guests will follow. We are very pleased to be able to provide our seniors a graduation ceremony, but we must follow the state’s guidelines for health and safety, which prohibit people from congregating after a ceremony. Please find your graduate outside the stadium and exit the parking lot as quickly as possible so the next group of graduates and guests can begin their celebration.
Downloads to support your celebration
Sign up to receive Facebook notifications of LIVE graduation broadcasts
Graduations will be broadcast on the Tacoma Public Schools Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/tacomaschools/. Remember to click "Like" and "Follow" on our Facebook page to receive notifications on your phone when the graduation starts.
For those who need closed captions, you can watch the Livestream on our district YouTube June 9, and on our website at http://bit.ly/tpstv25 for all other events. For local friends and family without internet service, ceremonies will be broadcast on KTPS TV Comcast Channel 26 or Click/Rainier Connect Channel 25.
Share your written words of Encouragement and Congratulations to the Class of 2021
Help us share 2021 messages of hope with our Class of 2021. Fill out the Class of 2021 form linked below and we'll share your messages of congratulations and encouragement in the comments of the graduation ceremony of your choice.
Record a video message to share with your grad
We are asking alumni, faculty, staff, fellow students, family members, community leaders, corporate partners and friends of this year’s graduates to record a short video message to share with our graduating Class of 2021. This message can be for students — or for those in specific high schools.
We plan to share the final project on our Tacoma Schools' main social channels during this year’s commencement ceremony.
Instructions on Submitting a Video
Please follow the guidelines below.
In your recording, please respond to the following prompts:
- Tell us your name as well as your class year and school (if an alum), company, and title (if a corporate partner) or connection to the school. (I.e., I'm a Tiger, Class of 2001, Currently enlisted in the U.S. Army)
- Tell the graduating class why you’re so proud of them.
- Share advice on life after high school and what you love about being a part of your high school.
- Mail your video to email@example.com
Please avoid mentioning COVID-19, and remember to keep your message positive and uplifting.
When taking your video, please:
- Record your video horizontally.
- Keep your congratulations to 15 seconds or less.
- Position yourself facing a window or outside. If there are bright lights on behind you, please turn them off.
- Look into the lens.
- Tap your face on the phone so the camera will focus and expose correctly for your face.
- Leave a little room above your head and aim to include at least your head and shoulders in the frame.
- Record somewhere with limited background noise, so we can hear you clearly.
- If possible, or helpful, ask someone to hold the camera for you.
- Be sure to wear your school colors and show your pride!