complete tacoma flex course request formTacoma Public Schools high school students can increase the flexibility in their schedule by taking some classes online through Tacoma Flex. The rest of their classes would be taken in person at their high school.
Students can take up to two online courses at the beginning and/or end of their school day. All online courses are taught by Tacoma teachers and housed in the district’s Edgenuity learning management platform.
Students can work with their school counselors to enroll in Tacoma Flex. Students should complete the Tacoma Flex course request form by Feb. 15, 2023.
Why choose Tacoma Flex?
Tacoma Flex is an ideal opportunity for students who have jobs or family commitments that the traditional in-person school schedule does not allow for. It also gives the flexibility to offer courses that may not be accessible in existing schedules. Please note:
- Parental consent is required to participate.
- Alternative school bus transportation is not provided for students who opt to participate, although they will receive ORCA cards to access public transportation.
Is Tacoma Flex right for you?
Do the items below describe you? If so, Tacoma Flex could be a good fit! Talk with your parent or guardian and look at the course offerings below to help make your decision. If you'd like to learn more or have questions, please email email@example.com.
- I work well independently.
- I can set a schedule and complete my work.
- I can learn in an online setting and use email and Microsoft Teams to communicate.
- I can ask for help when I need it.
Complete Flex course request form by Feb. 15
- Students at Foss, Lincoln, Mount Tahoma, Oakland, Silas and Stadium high schools can take up to two Flex classes if they don't cause a break in their in-person schedule.
- Students at SOTA, SAMi and iDEA can take one period of early dismissal or one period of late arrival per day. They can take up to two total periods at Tacoma FLEX.
- Form submissions will be evaluated, and the student, parent, and counselor will be notified when registration has been finalized. Students and parents should check their email regularly; if there are any questions or concerns about your scheduling request, we will email student, parent, and counselor promptly.
English Language Arts
- English Language Arts 1,2,3 & 4
- AP Language/Composition
- AP Literature/Composition
- Algebra 1 and 2
- Trigonometry (Fall Only)
- Statistics (Spring Only)
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Statistics
- Financial Algebra
- Spanish 1,2 & 3
- Spanish Heritage
- AP Spanish Language/Culture
- American Sign Language 1,2 & 3
- World History
- US History
- WA State History/Gov (Sem)
- Civics (Sem)
- Contemporary World Problems (Sem)
- AP US Government
- AP Human Geography
- Environment Field Biology
- Forensic Science
Career & Technical
- Exploring Computer Science
- Game Design
- Financial Algebra
- AP Psychology
- American Sign Language 1, 2, & 3
- AP Computer Science Principles
- Art History
- Music Appreciation (Sem)
- Lifetime Sports
Student talks about benefits of Tacoma Flex
“I choose to use Tacoma Flex to help me take part of my classes online because I value my time highly and have other obligations outside of being a student and caring for my younger sibling. I am grateful for the chance to take some of my classes online because I am also preparing for the CNA exam. I'm glad that after totally committing to this program, the word ‘regret’ never crossed my mind.”
- Jaeda, Lincoln High School student
If you'd like to learn more or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.